From:
David Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:56:18 -0500
If you're fixing a problem, say a typo was copied to 100 records, you can
use the Search & Replace option: query up the batch you need to fix, go to
Maintenance > Database > Search and Replace.

If you're needing to overwrite a bunch of different things, or insert
missing info, you'd use a SQL update (or ask your IT or database manager
to). Let's pretend this is a whole set of photos whose Object Numbers are
something like *PhotographsABC.1, PhotographsABC.2, PhotographsABC.3 ...
PhotographsABC.1000. *Here is what your SQL would look like:

Update Objects
Set CreditLine = ' *your correct credit info *'
where ObjectNumber like 'PhotographsABC.%'

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM, LaNore, Ruth, DCA <[log in to unmask]