From:
"Moxley, Jeri" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:26:40 -0500
Hi Ella,

In a Crystal Report, you can use this formula:
UBound(Split({field}))

This actually counts the spaces between the words, so it will return the
word count minus 1.

Jeri

Jeri Moxley
Manager, Collection and Exhibition Technologies
The Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53 Street, New York, NY 10019-5497
Tel. (212) 708-9599 Fax. (212) 333-1102