From:
Sharon Misdea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:31:07 -0700
The following is posted on behalf of my employers, for my position.  This is
a truly unique opportunity in a stunning setting.  I am leaving with mixed
emotion for another one-of-a-kind opportunity here in the Valley of the Sun.
What the posting does not communicate is that it would be great to find
someone who has some SQL knowledge, Crystal Reports experience, and database
administration skills, which is why I'm forwarding to the TMS listserv.
Please make note of the email address to which applications should be sent:

Collections Manager.  Phoenix-based private museum seeks experienced
Collections Manager.  The highly diverse collections consist of more than
5,500 objects ranging from ancient to contemporary art in all mediums.  The
most significant areas represented are ancient and historic art of the
Americas and historic jewelry of India.  Textiles comprise about half the
collections.  The Collections Manager will complete a physical inventory and
photographic documentation of the collections.  In addition he/she will add
catalog data to the existing database.  Ongoing responsibilities will
include object research and processing of acquisitions and loans. Applicants
should have a minimum of three years experience in collections management
and preservation practices and a degree in Museum Studies or a related
field.  Proficiency in current registration practices, cataloging standards,
and the TMS data management system is necessary.  Familiarity with cultures
of Latin America or India and a reading knowledge of Spanish would be
helpful.  The successful candidate will be a hands-on self starter, eager to
expand his/her horizons and happy to work alone on frequent occasions.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications.  Please e-mail
cover letter, résumé and contact information to [log in to unmask]

Sharon Aponte Misdea
Collections Manager
Phoenix, Arizona