From:
Ethan Kalfus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2018 02:38:46 +0000
Hi Christine (and everyone else!),

Firstly, my apologies for the delayed response and for the trouble you are having with exporting records to PowerPoint.

I have confirmed that the inability to export the current record selection to PowerPoint (or to Word) when the configuration setting is set to 0 - which should allow for an unlimited number of records to be exported - is in fact a bug.  This will be remediated in an upcoming release of TMS.  In the interim, please set the configuration setting to some high non-zero value, such as 100.  Any non-zero value should enable you to export up to that many records; it is only the zero value that is not working as intended.

Parenthetically, in general I would not recommend exporting a very high number of records at once, due to memory leaks in the Office applications. Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to be more precise than "very high" because variations in workstation environments and versions of Office will provide different results.  So if you experience an "Out of Memory" error, or something similar, after a number of records are successfully exported, you might try exporting smaller sets of record and then stitch these presentations together into a single PowerPoint presentation (or Word document).

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Ethan
----
Ethan Kalfus | Director, Development