From:
"Thrift, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:05:51 -0400
Several museums of the Smithsonian, including the National Portrait Gallery, use eMuseum.  It is administered by our central office of information management.  Their staff does have expertise in SQL databases and SQL servers.  They set up the servers and maintain them. They also work closely with eMuseum support at Gallery Systems.  The National Portrait Gallery did contract with Gallery Systems to customize our eMuseum implementation since we did not have that kind of expertise in our unit.

Linda Thrift, CEROS Administrator
Center for Electronic Research and Outreach Services
National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution
PO Box 37012
Victor Building Suite 4100, MRC 973
Washington DC 20013-7012
Tel 202-633-8247