From:
"Aylsworth, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2012 21:41:51 +0000
I apologize to use this listserv to post a non-TMS job, but we're looking for someone with the same sort of qualifications and high standards that are required of a TMS Administrator for this position at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.

I'm posting this for our Development Office, so I don't know a lot of details.  If you have any questions, though, I will be more than glad to try to answer them with a lot of personal ignorance.  I've got LOTS of THAT to share...  Or, if you catch me on a better day, I can pass your questions on to someone who might know something more informed.

Thanks!
David

David Aylsworth
Collections Registrar

Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
P.O. Box 6826
Houston, TX  77265-6826

telephone:  713-639-7824
fax:  713-639-7780

Siriusware System Administrator

Through efficient oversight of the museum's database software (Siriusware) for ticketing, point of sale, and retail transactions, the Siriusware System Administrator ensures a pleasant MFAH visitor experience and provides a high-quality resource for internal museum operations. The daily performance of Siriusware and the integrity of the data contained therein is the database administrator's primary concern. Through operating, monitoring, and tuning this critical database, and by supporting staff efforts to utilize the software and report from it, the database administrator plays a key role in the day-to-day life of the museum.

This position works closely with Information Technology and Development and acts as a liaison among various client departments, including Membership and Visitor Services, Retail, the Glassell School, Education, and Film. Understanding the needs of these different departments and how they work together to serve MFAH visitors is critical to effective management of Siriusware.

Responsibilities

*    Develop a detailed understanding of all aspects of Siriusware operations, including item configuration, point-of-sale operations, ticket validation and access, retail item and inventory management, system management and configuration, e-commerce, and reporting.

*    Develop a detailed understanding of Development operations with respect to constituent maintenance and integration with Siriusware. Monitor automated daily integration of data from the museum's fundraising database to Siriusware for completeness and accuracy, identifying any integration errors and their source (both procedural and programmatic), and assisting in their resolution.

*    Develop a detailed understanding of client department operations and how they are supported by Siriusware. Establish the needs of users and monitor access permissions. Efficiently respond to staff requests for assistance in both operations and reporting. Organize and implement individual and group training in software use as necessary.

*    Develop a detailed understanding of Siriusware's database schema and how database transactions are recorded and updated for different types of items including memberships; class enrollment; tickets for museum admission, films, and lectures; and retail sales and inventory management.

*    Work with and assist the Database and Business Intelligence Manager to develop and document custom and ad-hoc reports in a controlled and standardized environment, and to incorporate Siriusware data into the development and maintenance of an institutional business intelligence solution.

*    Establish policy and procedure for all aspects of Siriusware operations including administration and front-end use. Develop standards to guide the use of the data contained in Siriusware, including auditing and reporting.

Skills, Knowledge and Abilities

*    Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; able to assess priorities and work well under pressure; excellent time management skills.

*    Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

*    Excellent ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a wide range of museum staff and professionals.

*    Exercise sound judgment and discretion in the handling of confidential matters.

*    Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server technologies including Management Studio, Visual Studio, and Reporting Services.

*    Demonstrated proficiency in T-SQL programming including the design, creation and use of databases and database objects, stored procedures, user-defined scalar and tabular functions, parameters, cursors and native SQL functions.

*    Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Reporting Services, Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services and Analysis Services as well as data warehousing and business intelligence concepts and methods.

Education and Experience

*    Bachelor's Degree in Business, Decision and Information Systems, or related area.

*    Minimum of 3-5 years experience in T-SQL programming, and in data management and reporting (preferably in sales, marketing, ticketing, or retail).

*    Experience in a cultural or performing arts institution is preferred but not required.