From:
Chad Petrovay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2019 22:57:07 -0400
Marjolijn, We have a similar problem with book sizes, so I made the
following suggestion to Gallery Systems on their community portal:

*Non-Numeric Dimensions*

I would like to be able to add non-numeric dimensions data to the
> dimensions control, that can be readily searched, and included in the
> dimensions label.

> Examples include:

Book format sizes: folio, quarto, octavo, elephant folio

Clothing sizes: small, medium, large

Sculpture sizes: half life-size, life-size, double life-size

> I am fully aware that this information could easily be managed in flex
> fields or thesxrefs, but this information directly correlates to the size
> of an object, and its inclusion in the dimensions control and dimensions
> label would be greatly appreciated. The dimensions control is very useful
> for managing numeric data, but any modifications made to the label are lost
> whenever the dimensions label is globally recalculated.

If this idea sounds like a solution you'd be interested in, please feel
free to vote for it: https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.gallerysystems.com%2Fs%2Fideas&amp;data=02%7C01%7CTMSUSERS%40si-listserv.si.edu%7C910f829265aa4fedcdc508d6cb853eae%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C1%7C1%7C636920170494182588&amp;sdata=3fS6UkKoKfoTyGUGKN%2BfcZO335htOxulxriR2ofYvy8%3D&amp;reserved=0