From:
"Williams, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 13:41:10 +0000

Hi Madison —

At Yale we have a series of SQL jobs that run on a daily/weekly basis. These jobs use views and store procedures to build the body of the email and then email specific staff members. For example, emails to our editorial staff when a new web label is created or bibliographic record is entered, alert emails to collections staff when an object has been on on display for more than 10 weeks. We also rely on this for enforcing data standards. For example, if a noncompliant date label, begin and end date are entered I get an email in the morning.

You may need to consult with your IT staff to set them up but we have found them to be very helpful.

Cheers —
Scott

Below is an example bibliography email alert that editorial staff get:
------
The following entries were made today.

Citation Info
---------------------------------------
Object number: 1913.549
Department: Ancient Art
Page number: 176
Catalogue number: 14
Figure number: (-)
Additional citation data: Form #123 ex amples 14–16
Remarks: (-)
Illustrated? No
Title of linked bibliography record: Late Roman Pottery
Citation editor: Megan Doyon

Citation Info
Object number: 1913.550
Department: Ancient Art