Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
"Glosson, Eunice" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:39:07 -0400
Hi Renee

Colonial Williamsburg is using the Professional Edition 8.5. but I do not know what criteria was used for the selection.

CWF users  had a two day intro session with a qualified software trainer last February (I do not recall the name of the provider --- but I think it was local).  Subsequently in mid-May, Dimitry K. of The Gallery Systems gave CWF users a one day session specific to our TMS  use.  All of the attendees felt that there was way too much time between our intro sessions and Dimitry's session.  So, one piece of advice is to try to coordinate your training segments very close together, with perhaps a week or so in between to practice before going on to higher levels.  Also, make certain that your software has been installed prior to training so that users have a chance to at least get familiar with the screens beforehand.

Dimitry is very well versed in designing Crystal Reports and has been very helpful answering follow-up questions via email.  He was a great help to me recently when I was trying to design a report to link images with data, and explains very well in writing.  However, expert users like Dimitry are often not trained teachers, and you may find as many of us did, that his pace was much too fast for novice users.  He is a very likeable fellow and I am sure will slow down if encouraged to do so!  It helps too if you are prepared to describe the types of reports you want to create.

I can also recommend "Crystal Reports for Dummies" available from Amazon.com.

Hope this helps.  Crystal Reports is challenging to learn, but not impossible.