From:
"Smith, Jeffrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:52:31 -0400
Dear fellow TMS users,

I am curious to know who among you is fully using the Bibliography
module to record published references for objects, and at the same time
currently publishing (or planning to) publish these citations to the
web. The Bib. module & the way it is viewed/accessed from the Objects
module is lacking in some features, and yet seem the best way to
standardize the recording of this information.

I've been playing with Crystal reports formulas to take all this data
and concatenate it into a line which adheres to the Chicago Manual of
Style. Pretty darned difficult when you have 2 or more authors. I'm
hitting the limit on what I can do with it.

Also, how do you mark whether the link between an object and
bibliography module record is a "published reference", or a
"bibliography" one?

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

- Jeff

Jeffrey Smith

Assistant Registrar for Collections Information

Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery

1050 Independence Avenue SW

MRC 707, P.O. Box 37012

Washington, DC 20013-7012

www.asia.si.edu