From:
Betty Rothwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:17:50 -0600
We use the Constituent Module to separate the collections by using Owner as the description for which collection it represents, which is attached to each object in the objects module.  Also, our accession number is different for each collection, either with a prefix or different numbering systems.  In the loan module, we use a Text Entry to indicate which collection the loan is from, thereby keeping all our loans in sequential order for report purposes.  It is very simple to query on a text entry if you want stats for each collection.   All of our exhibitions are related to a loan, so you can tell by the text entry in the loan module or the accession numbers in the object listing.  The collections I am using TMS for are fine art collections that have been acquired for two different foundations and special purchase projects for the Government of Alberta, ie, Portrait Collection, Jubilee Collection, etc.

Betty Rothwell
Art Collections Registrar
Alberta Community Development