MOMS Archives

Museum on Main Street

MOMS@SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU

From:
Arden Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum on Main Street <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 12:24:02 -0400
Hi Stephanie from South Dakota!

Georgia is also hosting the N. H. exhibit in 2012 and we are pretty much in
line with Ohio and Kansas. Our scholar is Ann McCleary - a public historian
- from the Center for Public History, University of West Georgia- who also
worked with us on Key Ingredients. She had conducted roots/musical programs
(her Center has produced several CDs on Georgia roots music- in conjunction
with some concerts they presented). In addition, we are putting together an
advisory board consisting of some folklore people and others with a musical
background.

If you want to stay in touch with me - I would love to share some more
ideas.

Regards,
Arden

Ms. Arden Williams
Program Officer
Coordinator,"New Harmonies"
Georgia Humanities Council
50 Hurt Plaza, Ste. 595
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: 404-523-6220 ext. 17
Fax: 404-523-5702
 <http://www.georgiahumanities.org/> http://www.georgiahumanities.org

GHC Presents:
New Harmonies:
Celebrating American
Roots Music
Arriving in GA 2012
from the Smithsonian and
Museum on Main Street
Applicant information will be
on the GHC web site
in June.

GHC will be offering program support grants for :
 September  - Due (postmarked) September 1st
(September grant  requests can be up to $3,000)

The Georgia Humanities Council is the home of
the New Georgia Encyclopedia
 <http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/> http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org

  _____