From:
Ella Rothgangel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:06:59 -0500
We are trying to figure out a way to flag objects as do-not-lend in TMS.
We are contemplating two options – one being a status flag, and the
other is renaming a check box at the top of the data entry screen that
we currently do not use.  Our issues with both have to do with
visibility.  With the status flag, we don’t want to advertise this flag
to all our TMS users, and I can’t restrict viewing for only one flag.
With the check box solution, while I do have more security options,
we’re concerned that they are too invisible up there.  Plus there is the
issue of whether or not we want to commandeer one for a new purpose –
something that I want to think through before we do.

How do others flag do-not-lend works?  Is there another solution that I
haven’t thought of?

Thank you,

Ella Rothgangel
Collections Database Administrator