From:
"Aylsworth, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2008 12:53:33 -0500

Thanks Jeri,

Oddly enough, given the paranoia that is the norm at all museums,
security is actually not the issue here.  They wanted something easy to
drop objects into, but to still have a central place to make comments
about the project.  It seemed appealing to them, too, if they could
prioritize their groups and see all of the objects under consideration
in one place, which is why I was thinking of the different venues.

We're just taking our baby steps into making custom forms but if we were
to use an exhibition record for this, can you visualize the possibility
of bringing a field from the object's deaccession area over to a custom
form on the bastardized exhibition record?  Maybe that's not necessary
at all if we created user defined fields in the exhibition module.  Part
of me would like to be able to streamline the process from their
consideration of what to deaccession all the way through to the actual
disposition.

Thanks for taking the time to spell out your thoughts!  This is a great
help.

David

David Aylsworth
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston