From:
"Suzanne Quigley (" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:33:36 -0500
Yes, I use it at the Whitney.

It is very helpful, but I'm not sure what you mean by "how do we define the
fields?"  There are four fields:
1) New object number
2) Transaction date
3) Amount applied
4) Use of Proceeds Remarks

1) the first is used to indicate the accession number for any new object
that was purchased using funds  from the sale of the deaccessioned work.
(that boiler plate record then pops into the large spot above)

2) Transaction date (I don't bother with this field since the transaction
date is evidenced in the record for the acquisition of the new object)

3) Here we indicate how much of the proceeds (dollar amount) was used
towards the purchase of the new object.  maybe half the money went to one
object and 1/3 to a second object, 1/6 to a third object - and each becomes
an added record under use of proceeds.

4) we have not developed any standards for data entry in this field.

suzanne