From:
"Dueker, Peter" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:16:53 -0400
We use Extensis Portfolio Server and have built connections to TMS for image
publishing  - it works very well, although there are always a few kinks and
surprises.  One of the things I like  best about Portfolio is its openness ­
it runs a standard database on the backend and is relatively straightforward
to get data in and out in an automated fashion.  Both Gallery Systems and
Extensis can provide database schemas so a good programmer can handle the
integration work. There are freelance programmers that build Portfolio to
TMS integrations but we were fortunate to have internal talent to do this
for us.

A good solution for smaller institutions or departmental  based image
collections. It lacks the robustness of a true enterprise DAMS, but
certainly cost effective - very reasonably priced.

Peter Dueker
DAMS Manager
Division of Imaging and Visual Services
National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.