From:
"Stein, Marty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2022 22:33:36 +0000
External Email - Exercise Caution
Happy  New Year Everyone!

The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston is looking for a Digital Assets Administrator: https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Frecruiting2.ultipro.com%2FMUS1003MOFAH%2FJobBoard%2F5b1a1eb0-79c1-450e-89be-217d64a743ba%2FOpportunityDetail%3FopportunityId%3Dc806fe24-fd31-40cd-9f1d-75c194a369d1&amp;data=04%7C01%7CTMSUSERS%40SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU%7C22f9b89e3abc4a2ee77508d9d09b6c4e%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C637770188648294523%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=sqKyG%2BZxiGiV1uwvFRW2gWdxH2q%2Fo2nwcw0CufsfKdE%3D&amp;reserved=0.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Here are details about the position.

Digital Assets Administrator
Job Category: Photographic & Imaging Services
Requisition Number: DIGIT001178
Apply now<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Frecruiting2.ultipro.com%2FMUS1003MOFAH%2FJobBoard%2F5b1a1eb0-79c1-450e-89be-217d64a743ba%2FAccount%2FRegister%3FredirectUrl%3D%252FMUS1003MOFAH%252FJobBoard%252F5b1a1eb0-79c1-450e-89be-217d64a743ba%252FOpportunityApply%253FopportunityId%253Dc806fe24-fd31-40cd-9f1d-75c194a369d1%26cancelUrl%3D%252FMUS1003MOFAH%252FJobBoard%252F5b1a1eb0-79c1-450e-89be-217d64a743ba%252FOpportunityDetail%253FopportunityId%253Dc806fe24-fd31-40cd-9f1d-75c194a369d1&amp;data=04%7C01%7CTMSUSERS%40SI-LISTSERV.SI.EDU%7C22f9b89e3abc4a2ee77508d9d09b6c4e%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C637770188648294523%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=OAxdPptvs06Ylsg6rrSvAAUuvG1iXB%2BP6a96mFTK2ho%3D&amp;reserved=0>

Posting Details
*

  *   Full-Time

*        Locations
Showing 1 location
The Audrey Jones Beck Building

Job Details
Description

Responsibilities:

  *   Administers Media Studio, the MFAH's digital asset management system (DAMS), that is managed by the Photographic and Imaging Services Department.
  *   Provides guidance and assistance to museum staff in the transfer of digital assets and cataloging information to the DAMS
  *   Works closely with the Information Technology department on TMS and Media Studio security issues relating to Media Studio and TMS.
  *   Works closely with the Information Technology department to maintain proper network folder structure for all TMS and Media Studio assets.
  *   Brings new institutional departments into adding assets to Media Studio
  *   Works with Publications Department on preparing their media for the Online Scholarly Catalogue project in Media Studio
  *   Performs functions to ingest assets and data into DAMS
  *   Performs batch asset ingestion for staff in other departments and makes sure it's appropriately marked to go to website
  *   Manages and maintains quality control of image metadata
  *   Trains staff on how to use Media Studio on how to search, collect and save images through personal classes and virtual demonstrations
  *   Works with IT Trainer to develop instructional materials for using Media Studio.
  *   Researches emerging trends and product development related to museum standards and digital asset management systems.
  *   Manages image submissions to third party partners including the Google Art Project, Bridgeman Images and Art Authority/1000Museums
  *   Participates in professional organizations such as the Media Studio Special Interest Group, and the Museum Computer Network
  *   Advises Photographic and Images Services Manager about emerging developments in DAMS applications and metadata schemas
  *   Other duties as assigned

Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:

  *   Experience working with digital asset management systems
  *   Experience working with collections management systems, particularly TMS
  *   Knowledge of SQL databases and programming languages for APIs and web services
  *   Familiarity with imaging and workflow software and systems
  *   Must be able to work with a variety of museum staff and function within a team-oriented department.
  *   Must be able to plan, develop and implement policies and objectives in association with the Photographic and Imaging Services Manager in support of the museum's activities
  *   Familiarity with Copyright Laws and Fair Use Principles
  *   Familiarity with best practices associated with metadata, imaging and intellectual property concerns
  *   Good communication skills and the ability to work on several projects concurrently
  *   Must be able to organize time and schedule efficiently in the absence of direct supervision

Education and Experience:

  *   Bachelor's degree related field - Art (particularly Photography), Art History, Information Technology or Information Science strongly preferred OR an equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable and demonstrable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
  *   Candidates with post-bachelor's degree and a combination of Photography, Art History and IT or IS highly desirable and will receive immediate consideration
  *   Experience in managing DAMS software
  *   5-10 years' experience with digital imaging and/or photography

Research shows that women and individuals from underrepresented backgrounds often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that an applicant meets 100% of the qualifications for a given role. Therefore, if much of this JD describes you, then you are highly encouraged to apply for this role.

Working Conditions and Physical Demands

The MFAH is an organization comprised of 600+ employees and 1,000+ docents and volunteers. The museum is more than 100 years old and ranks nationally among the top 10 art museums in exhibition space, memberships, endowments, and attendance, with 1M visitors annually. Our multifaceted institution includes multiple gallery buildings, a sculpture garden, two art schools, and two house museums for decorative arts. The encyclopedic collection numbers more than 65,000 works of art in a wide range of media.

Work will be performed in varied and wide-ranging environments and conditions.  Physical demands may also vary.  Work may involve extended sitting and computer use.

Work and Culture at the MFAH - Benefits Offered

  *   Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
  *   Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
  *   MFAH Retirement Savings Plan (403b)
  *   Flexible Spending Plans
  *   Paid Time Off, Reserve Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Holiday Pay
  *   Museum Membership and Discounts

The MFAH has extensive COVID mitigation protocols in place to provide for a safe working environment, including:

  *   Masks required;
  *   Plexiglas partitions for staff members who do not work in offices;
  *   Temperature checks at entrances;
  *   Onsite COVID testing for staff who work in close contact with colleagues or visitors;
  *   Sanitizing stations

Equal Opportunities for All

At the MFAH, we believe that diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusivity are fundamental to our organization. We welcome all candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our organization and to our pledge for workplace diversity, inclusion, and excellence.

Our commitment to our policy and practice of nondiscrimination represents more than good intentions. It provides for employment decisions that are made without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law or any other reason unrelated to your ability to join and contribute to our organization and support our mission to provide a museum experience for all.

The MFAH is equally committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals interested in employment with the organization. As part of this commitment, we want to ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation needed to 1) participate in the job application or 2) interview process; 3) perform essential job functions; and/or 4) participate in the benefits and privileges of employment with the MFAH. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact the human resources department: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Best,

Marty