From:
Suzanne Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:05:40 -0500
Hello, wise TMS users. Our museum did not get the TGN when we originally converted to TMS because most of the geographical terms were not needed for our collection cataloguing. However, I am now trying to create an attribute that would make it easy to find all of the works created in Europe. I have played around with Geography/ Continent/ Europe on the Constituent record as well as creating an Attribute for Location/Continent/Europe. If anyone already has this functionality, could you send me a screen shot or a "best practices" recommendation for this purpose? I also need to do the same thing for Africa, so I suspect that I should add a geographical context for every object related constituent.  I would love to hear how other people have dealt with this.

--Suzanne Stephens
Database Administrator

BIRMINGHAM MUSEUM OF ART
2000 Rev. Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd.