From:
Joseph Leduc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:14:21 -0400
I've been adjusting the location security settings for our various
storage areas and was wondering if anyone had a way to restrict the
viewing of locations in a manner similar to the use of the Security
Cutoff for changing locations. I would love to be able to have our
general staff see the specific locations of works in our galleries but
not have access at all to the locations of works in storage. I would
also like to be able to restrict the rights of staff who work in one
specific collection with its own storage to have access to viewing
storage locations for other collections and locations. Right now as a
global matter I know how to let people see or not see all locations
(with the option of seeing what's on view, but not specifically where,
by searching on the "On View" button setting), and I can also restrict
staff's ability to change locations based on the Security Cutoff. But I
don't know how (or if it is even possible) to do this more granular
restriction of location viewing. If anyone has any ideas, please let me
know. Thanks,

Joe Leduc, Registrar

Worcester Art Museum

55 Salisbury Street