From:
Richard Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:09:17 -0800
There was a very informative article sent (if memory serves) to members
of the Catalogue Raisonné Scholars Association.  I'll see if I can
dredge it up and send it to the TMS listserv.    The conclusion was that
a single scan of an artwork does not do any measurable harm.   It was
supported by a great deal of technical data.  Stand by.