From:
"Essam, Gillian" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:08:50 -0000
Hi Allison,

At National Gallery, London we record the object status and current
location as 'Virtual object' and we preface the object number with
'GROUP' (all our virtual objects are parent - child groupings e.g. an
altarpiece and its component panels, a series and its component
paintings).

Then I search periodically for virtual objects where current location is
not 'Virtual object' to make sure no-one has entered a 'real' location
for a virtual record. This rarely happens nowadays as only a small well
trained group of Art Handlers and Registrars update objects moves.

Gillian

Gillian Essam

Collection Information Manager

The National Gallery